Wine and Food Lovers: Santorini Cooking Class and Wine-Tasting Tour
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: PW7C5C
Discover the crisp volcanic wine of Santorini and learn how to cook melt-in-the-mouth Santorini dishes on a 6-hour cooking class and wine-tasting tour of the island’s countryside.
Visit two traditional Santorini wineries to taste their vintages and then help a local chef prepare a course of three Santorini signature dishes at a traditional restaurant.
Enjoy all your fresh-cooked creations at the end of your cooking lesson and taste wine the estate locally produces.
- 6-Hour guided wine-tasting and cooking class tour in Santorini
- Visit two traditional wineries and learn about Santorini’s unique viticulture
- Sample up to 8 different types of wine such as Assyrtiko and Vinsanto
- Learn how to cook Santorini signature dishes by a local chef
- Savor all your fresh-cooked creations at the end of your cooking lesson
- Explore the wine & flavors of Santorini in a fun and interactive way
- Small groups with a maximum of 8 ensure a personalized and intimate experience
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
· Boutari winery
· Gavalas traditional winery
· Cooking class restaurant / winery
Cooking lesson menu:
· Greek salad, Santorini version (vegetarian)
· Tomato-fritters (traditional Santorini appetizer, vegetarian)
· Local pork fillet on sweet "Vinsanto" wine sauce (signature Santorini dish)*
*During lunch, can be replaced with vegetarian dish or chicken fillet upon diet preference/special request.
- Hotel / Airbnb pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by deluxe air-conditioned mini-van
- Visits at 2 traditional wineries in the countryside of Santorini.
- Wine tasting of 8 different types of wine.
- English speaking, wine expert guide & a local chef
- Cooking lesson.
- Full lunch with wine.
- Recipe card.
- All taxes.
- Admissions and tasting fees at the wineries.
The wines served during the tour are mainly whites and dessert wines, as these are the kind of wines the island of Santorini produces.
This is a gentle note for guests that only drink red wine.
This is a small group(shared) tour, that can accommodate up to 8 people.
Operated as private the tour can accommodate larger groups, upon request.
Duration 6 hours approx. Exact duration may vary.
Departs from Monday to Friday at 10:00 am approx. (start time may vary depending pickup location).
Available from April to November, every year.
Parts of Santorini are built on a slope, in case your hotel /Airbnb is inaccessible by car due to landscape, pedestrianized areas or any other restrictions, your pickup will be set a nearby meeting point location within walking distance from your accommodation that will be advised after your booking.
The tour can be offered as private as well upon request and availability.
In case you will be a group of 7 or more people total on tour, please book at the regular per person rate as advertised on this page (160 Euro per person) and your tour will be complimentary upgraded to private just for your group, automatically.